Cohort 3 developed (and presented) a software application that is able to monitor indoor air quality in term of comfort. Humidex Index (based on Humidity and Temperature) was used to estimate the comfort.
Moreover, the environmental impact of communication infrastructure supporting this software application was assessed. For that, ICT green metrics defined in the recent EC report “Best Environmental Management Practice in the Telecommunications and ICT Services Sector” were used.
The metrics selected for this project were:
- Power Consumption per customer,
- Power consumption per bit of data transferred,
- Power consumption per area,
- Energy per bit and Unit area,
- % of nodes or links switched-off
- and Carbon Emission footprint of Network architecture.