6 PERCCOM student teams were enrolled in the green code lab challenge.
Objective: the students had two days to develop a web application using less energy. Each team was composed of students from Lulea and Nancy.
The students had to :
- Develop Image slider on the sample webpage provided by green code lab challenge
- Implement image providing service which aims at feeding the images store (slider) with custom content (for back-office users)
- Add twitter feed #gclchallenge to the sample webpage (social network)
- Change the general look of the sample webpage
The assessment criteria were the following:
- Client Energy consumption,
- Client memory consumption,
- EcoScore (computer source code),
- Energy Server,
- Page Size,
- Response Time,
- Smart phone Energy Consumption,
- Memory Server,
- Energy Server
The Perccom team « Green Hornet » was ranked in the TOP 10. Congratulations to Niklas, Ashraf, Dorine and Mohaimen !