PERCCOM Cohort 5 participated in the traditional commercialization workshop with LTU Business. The event took place during the whole day and students worked on different cases.
Anastasiia Grishina presented a paper entitled “DC Energy Data Measurement and Analysis for Productivity and Waste Energy Assessment” at the 21st IEEE International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering (CSE 2018), 29-31 October, 2018, Bucharest, Romania. The co-authors are: Marta Chinnici, Davide De Chiara, Guido Guarnieri, Ah-Lian Kor, Eric Rondeau, and Jean Philippe-Georges).
Congratulations to Anastasiia and the team because it won the Best Paper Award.
Professor Jari Porras (Lappeenranta University of Technology) spent 14 days in Los Angeles, Long Beach at California State University Long Beach (CSULB). He was awarded a Scholar Scholarship delivered by the European Commission. Prof. Porras was hosted by Professor Birgit Penzenstadler, a well-known researcher at the sustainable software field. The objective of this visit was to learn from the vast experience of Prof. Penzenstadler and to work together on future collaboration plans. Prof. Penzenstadler is an important connecting factor to the ICT for sustainability community and this research visit opens doors towards that society.
Anastasiia and Marta were in Bucharest for presenting a research paper at 21st IEEE International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering (CSE 2018).
The paper is entitled « DC Energy Data Measurement and Analysis for Productivity and Waste Energy Assessment » and the authors are : Marta Chinnici, Ah-Lian Kor, Anastasiia Grishina, Eric Rondeau, Jean Philippe Georges, Davide De Chiara and Guido Guarnieri.
LCN 2018 being held in Chicago, IL, USA on October 1-4 was a big success for Cohort 4 with two papers presented: “A Belief Rule Based Flood Risk Assessment Expert System Using Real Time Sensor Data Streaming” by Ahmed Monrat et al and “Real-time Performance Evaluation of LTE for IIoT” by Roman Zhohov at el. Prof. Mohammad Shahadat Hossain presented Monrat’s paper while Roman was there himself presenting his paper. Karl was also there in his capacity as TPC co-chair for the conference.
Marta was in Croatia to present Anastasiia’s works at the 3rd International Conference on: Applied Physics, System Science and Computers
Grishina, A and Chinnici, M and De Chiara, D and Rondeau, E and Kor, A (2018) Energy-oriented analysis of HPC Cluster Queues: Emerging Metrics for Sustainable Data Center. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering. ISSN 1876-1100 (In Press)
Two chapters written by PERCCOM students (Joseph and Vlad) will be published in the book « Green-IT Engineering: Social, Business and Industrial Applications ». https://www.waterstones.com/…/vya…/ah-lian-kor/9788770220149
- El Khoury, J., Rondeau, E., Georges, J., and Kor, A.L.. Chapter 16: Assessing the Benefit of Deploying EEE on Commercial Grade Network Switches. In. Kharchenko, V., et. al. (eds.). Green-IT Engineering: Social, Business and Industrial Applications, Volume 3, Springer.
- Cristea, V., Pattinson, C., and Kor, A. L.. Mobile Phones and Energy Consumption . In. Kharchenko, V., et. al. (eds.). Green-IT Engineering: Social, Business and Industrial Applications, Volume 3, Springer.
- 08:30-08:35 Introduction, Organization of the Welcome Day (Assoc. Prof. Karl Andersson)
- 08:35-08:45 Information about master theses (Prof. Eric Rondeau)
- 08:45-09:15 Context-Aware Gaming for Education and Well-Being (Assoc. Prof. Teemu Laine)
- 09:15-09:45 Big Data Analytics: An Introduction (Prof. Athanasios Vasilakos)
- 09:45-10:00 LTU Business (Ms. Sofia Gullholm)
- 10:00-10:15 ABI (Ms. ÅsaSvanberg)
- 10:15-10:30 FIKA
- 10:30-11:30 SenseSmartRegion, IVO, and SSIO / Skellefteå Digital Alliance (Mr. Leif Häggmark)
- 11:30-12:00 BAL — modelling framework for Blockchain and Quantum Network (Prof. Oleg Sadov)
- 12:00-13:00 LUNCH at DinFest
- 13:00-13:00 Wood Science and Technology (Prof. Mats Ekevad)
- 13:30-14:00 Electric Power Engineering (Prof. Math Bollen/Assoc. Prof. Sarah Rönnberg)
- 14:15-15:30 Guided tour to Skellefteå church and Bonnstan
- 16:30-17:00 Visit to Fortlax Datacenter
- 17:00-17:30 « The key to AI? Machine Learning and Deep Learning” Prof. Marcus Liwicki
- 18:00-20:00 Dinner and adventure golf at Piteå Havsbad