From 11 to 13 Sept, Prof Arkady Zaslavsky, Senior Principal research Scientist at CSIRO (Australia) was in Nancy to deliver lectures on Internet of Things in circular economy.
7:45-10 Breakfast and official welcome by Skellefteå municipality (Chairman of the municipality council Mr. Tomas Marklund and Head of Business Development Mr. Bengt Ivansson) and the main actors in the innovation support system: Skellefteå Science City (CEO Mr. Johnny Högberg), and LTU Business (Ms. Sofia Gullholm)
10-11 Talk by Prof. Arkady Zaslavsky
11-12 Visit to Infovista and talk by CEO Mr. Adrian Jakobsson
12-13 Lunch at campus
13-14:30 Visit to Skellefteå townhall and talk by CIO Mr. Michael Carlberg Lax followed by a talk on SenseSmartRegion project by Mr. Leif Häggmark
15-19 Bus tour to Öjebyn church town followed by a visit to Fortlax IT and a talk by CEO Mr. Anders Berglund.
19 Dinner at Byske värdshus
August 31st, we organised in Nancy the cohort 5 welcome day. It was a good opportunity for students to meet their professors. In the morning, professors presented the organisation of different semesters and their contributions in PERCCOM Master. Dorine and Hossain (cohort 1) explained their own experiences when they were PERCCOM students. Four cohort 5 students also presented a project whose the goal is to estimate the carbon footprint of PERCCOM Master.
The day continued with group photos, restaurant and bowling.
The agenda was :
- 09h00 – 09h20 : Welcoming Address, E. Rondeau, University of Lorraine, France
- 9h20 – 9h30 : PERCCOM carbon footprint, Mansour, Anastasiia, Jean-Baptiste & Daniel
- 09h30 – 10h00 : Semester-1 presentation, JP. Georges, University of Lorraine, France
- 10h00 – 10h30 : Semester-2 presentation, J. Porras, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- 10h30 – 11h00 : Semester-3 presentation, K. Andersson, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden
- 11h00 – 11h30 : Seminar in St Petersburg, M. Yashina & O. Sadov. ITMO University, Russia
- 11h30 – 12h00 : LBU activities in PERCCOM, C. Pattinson, Leeds Beckett University, UK
- 12h00 – 12h30 : Discussions with PERCCOM former students, (Dorine and Hossain)
- 13h00 : Group Photos
- 13h30 – 14h30 : Restaurant
- 15h00 – 17h30 : Bowling
Today, Karine organized a meeting with Erasmus Student Network (ESN) – Nancy. Thomas Frantz, the vice president of ESN-Nancy and his colleague presented the activities : French dinner, treasure hunt, Karaoke, Museum visit, pool competition, apéro des langues… A new survival guide for international students will be soon available in English on ESN website (http://nancy.ixesn.fr/).
Yesterday, Cohort 4’s Semester 3 officially started with a startup day in Skellefteå. Prof. Robert Brännström introduced LTU, our department and LTU Skellefteå to Cohort 4. Then a session with practical information followed and formal enrollment to Semester 3 in LTU’s systems followed. Eva Alvelid then introduced Cohort 4 to the facilties offered by the Campus Library. The startup was ended by a common lunch with other master students. Next similar event is the Welcome Day to be held on September 6
Cohort 5 has been to the city center of Nancy for the French rally. The purpose of the rally is to ask, in French, where are these places and monuments and to find the answers to the cultural questions. Cohort 5 learnt about the architectural style “Art nouveau” and Nancy and Lorraine specialties such “la bergamote” et “les mirabelles ».