1) You must obtain a one-entry visa for the period of staying in St Petersburg.
2) You can apply for a visa 3 months before your visit
3) In order to obtain a visa, you must contact Russian Consulate or Embassy of the country you live in.
4) To apply for a visa, you must first have an invitation letter from Russian higher educational institution or Russian Federal Migration Service.
More information can be found at: http://www.vfsglobal.com/russia/finland/english/allaboutyourvisas.html
Who does not need Russian Visa?
- Citizens from Ukraine
- Citizens from Peru (no more than 90 days)
- Citizens from Serbia (no more than 30 days in case you have biometric passport issued after 8/04/2008)
Who can get Russian visa in Russian Consulate General / Consulate / Chancellery in Finland?
- Citizens from Indonesia, Rumania, France, Germany, Cyprus, Taiwan
- Citizens from Egypt and India (in case they have been living in Finland no less than 90 days)
Who must get Russian visa in Russian Consulate General / Consulate / Chancellery ONLY in their home country?
- Citizens from Bangladesh, Vietnam, Iran, Nigeria, Ethiopia
How to do it?
- Fill Visa Support Form (link)
- Send to Alexandra Klimova: f;:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com before 1st of February
- Go to VFS.Global in Finland (http://www.vfsglobal.com/russia/finland/english/allaboutyourvisas.html)
- Collect supporting documents
- Get an Invitation letter from Russian higher educational institution or Russian Federal Migration Service (it will be sent to you by mail).
- Fill an application form
- Schedule an appointment at a Consulate General / Consulate / Chancellery for submitting Russian visa application papers at your convenience
- Go to Embassy/Consulate/Chancellery of Russian Federation
- On arrival to Russia it is necessary to register and get notification form of the arrival within 3 business days.
- You can do these procedures: in University ITMO Center for international affairs (Birzgevaya line, 14, office 433).
- Come to the Center and with supporting documents:
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of your visa
- Your migration card
In case of a late migration registration penalty is charged.