QoS : Quality of Services and QiS : Quality in Sustainability
Prof. Francis LEPAGE
- To provide a practical knowledge on Quality of Service – QoS, Quality of Experience – QoE and Quality in Sustainability ‚Äď QiS in communication network domain responding to :
- Why to measure QoS, QoE and QiS parameters ?
- How to measure them ?
- What are the measuring problems ?
- What is the validity of the results ?
- To provide theoretical and practical knowledge on how to maintain or improve QoS level at lower layers of the network.
- What are the appropriate mechanisms for each QoS parameter?
- How to integrate some mechanisms in QoS architectures?
- What are advantages and disadvantages of various QoS architectures?
- QoS, QoE and QiS definitions reminder. From concepts to parameters.
- Metrology : methodology and results presentation
- QoE¬†: voice, images and video, others
- QoS¬†: application QoS, delay and jitter, bandwidth, packets loss
- QiS¬†: CO2, EMF, others
- Network management contribution to QoS, QoE and QiS
- Mechanisms for preserving and enhancing QoS, QoE and QiS : Traffic policing and shaping, Queue overflow management, Packet Scheduling, Link layer marking and scheduling
- QoS and QiS architectures : IntServ and RSVP, DiffServ, MPLS, EnergyWise