1-15 September 2014: Professor Arkady Zaslavsky, Senior Principal Research Scientist at CSIRO (Commonwealth Science and Industrial Research Organisation, Australia), spent two weeks in University of Lorraine. He was awarded a Scholar Scholarship delivered by the European Commission.
During his visit In Nancy, Professor Arkady Zaslavsky proposed two Master thesis topics for PERCCOM students. He gave two lectures. The plan was the following:
1. Introduction to Pervasive Computing And Internet Of Things. Main Concepts. Big Data.
- Pervasive Computing/Ubiquitous Computing
- Future Internet
- Internet Of Things
- IoT Applications
- IoT As Big Data Source
2. Context Awareness in Pervasive Computing and IoT
- Context & Situation Awareness
- ContextSpaces Research
3. Openiot and Other Iot Solutions
Moreover, Professor Arkady Zaslavsky participated in PERCCOM steering committee, and in PERCCOM welcome day. He also met D. Guibard (Orange) and O. Seznec (Cisco) to discuss about PERCCOM program content and possible future cooperation. Finally, Professor Arkady Zaslavsky met CRAN Researchers involved in PERCCOM Master.
In a few words : Professor Arkady Zaslavsky contributes to international science field of Internet of Things, pervasive computing, mobile analytics, context-awareness, decision support systems and reasoning under uncertainty. Especially, he works in EU FP7 OpenIoT: Open Source blueprint for large scale self-organizing cloud environments for IoT applications ((WP6 Leader of CSIRO part of the project).
Some recent references:
- Mitra, K.; Zaslavsky, A.; Ahlund, C., « Context-Aware QoE Modelling, Measurement and Prediction in Mobile Computing Systems, » Mobile Computing, IEEE Transactions on , vol.PP, no.99, pp.1,1, doi: 10.1109/TMC.2013.155
- Saguna Saguna, Arkady Zaslavsky, and Dipanjan Chakraborty. 2013. Complex activity recognition using context-driven activity theory and activity signatures. ACM Trans. Comput.-Hum. Interact. 20, 6, Article 32 (December 2013), 34 pages. DOI=10.1145/2490832 http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/2490832
- Edirisinghe, R.; Zaslavsky, A., « Cross-Layer Contextual Interactions in Wireless Networks, » Communications Surveys & Tutorials, IEEE , 2013, vol.PP, no.99, pp.1,21, doi: 10.1109/SURV.2013.101813.00023
- Andrey Boytsov and Arkady Zaslavsky, “Context Prediction in Pervasive Computing Systems”, “Supporting Real Time Decision-Making. The Role of Context in Decision Support on the Move”, Series: Annals of Information Systems, Vol. 13, 1st Edition, 2011, XXX, 320 p. 68 illus., Softcover, ISBN: 978-1-4419-7405-1
- Charith Perera, Arkady Zaslavsky, Peter Christen, Dimitrios Georgakopoulos, Context Aware Computing for The Internet of Things: A Survey, IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, Volume xx, Issue x, Third Quarter 2013, Pages xx-xx (41) DOI: 10.1109/SURV.2013.042313.00197